Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Grandmother's Love


This past year I have had the opportunity to spend time with a couple friend's families and I got to see how my friends interact with their parents and grandparents and how a loving family acts. During this time I took noticed to grandparents. I have always heard that grandparents are suppose to be kind, loving and be the parents you go to to have fun and get candy from.

I cant help but to envy these families. I always wished that my grandmom would have been there for any part of my life, maybe like when i was depressed, or the times i had trouble with my mom, or when my father died. instead she decided to cut off all contact with my family. What a good way to show your love, right?! I can name a few dozen times in life i could have used some love.
A couple times though out my life i can remember my grandmother and my mom talking and we would visit and she would cut us off again out of nowhere.

In the past 2 months my mom and grandmother started talking once again and i have had a few invitations to visit her. I turned down those invites because i honestly don't think i can stand face to face with her without saying something I will regret. I hate to watch my mom set herself up to be devastated once again in her life. Its happening exactly the same as it has before. I keep praying to God that i will be able to let go of this feeling of abandonment. Theres nothing i want more than to tell my grandmom i love her, but I truly can't. I just hope that God will give me the strength to do so before she is on her death bed. And in the end I have faith that he will.


So the point of this post is to remind you to Never take your grandparents for granite. Value your time with them. If your a grandparent and your reading this please show your love for your kids and grandkids and pass on the wisdom that comes with the experience of living life.

If you can relate to my story and are going through something similar, put it in Gods hands. Let do his healing, because without him we are nothing! Philippians 4:13 I can do all through him who gives me strength.

1 comment:

Andrew, your friendly Disciple of Christ said...

I am sure He will help you, because, as i said in my research paper, God is Love